The Safety Department strives to educate the Southeast Queens Community about topics such as, Crime Victims' Rights, Stalking, Domestic Violence and Elder Abuse. Our Victim Advocates are assigned to the following local Police Precincts, 103rd, 105th, 106th, and the 113th, to receive reports of crimes against adults 21 and older. In addition to providing education on various topics, the Safety Department advocates and provides referrals based on individual client needs.
If you or someone you know has been a victim of a crime, the Safety Department can assist you with determining what services are available in regards to your individual situation.
The Safety Department's services include:
- Information and referrals based on client's needs
- Emergency financial assistance
- Crisis counseling and advocacy
- Accompaniment to count
- Safety planning
- Filing for compensation through the NYS Office of Victim Services
- Educational workshops and presentations
To reach us by phone, call:
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
718-657-6500 ext 1794 or 800-479-4243