Our social service staff assists older adults and their families in obtaining needed benefits and services including Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Veteran's Benefits, Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage, SNAP, Reduced Fare, Home Energy Assistance Program and Emergency Assistance. They also provide information and referral and advocacy.
This department serves approximately 1,000 different individuals each year.
Assistance is available to those interested in applying for:
- Medicare Savings Program
- Elder Pharmaceutical Insurance Program (EPIC)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption Program (SCRIE)
- Senior Citizen Homeowner Exemption Program (SCHE)
- Real Property Tax Credit (IT-214)
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Medicare Part D/Prescription Drug Plan.
To reach us by phone, call:
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM